Do you find it’s sometimes hard to focus?
The firehose of deadlines, event planning, meeting follow-up – so much to do and it feels like you’re always running short on time, money, and help. It’s easy to fall into negativity and complain. But it’s not productive.
When you put the focus on what you’ll gain versus what is difficult, wrong, or feels impossible, things happen. Good things.
YOU decide whether or not you’ll meet your fundraising goals this year.
To meet your goals you likely have to do some things differently. And change takes shifting our focus. How do you do that? Here’s an excerpt from “In Fundraising Focus on What You’ll Gain Rather Than What’s Difficult”.
[su_note note_color=”#e8e8e8″ text_color=”#000000″ radius=”0”] How to Change Your Focus
- Awareness for the Need to Change. The first step is to acknowledge that you have something you need to change. i.e. Increase donor retention.
- Believe that Change is Indeed Possible. Be proactive with the belief that change CAN occur. Change just might not look exactly like you thought it would.
- Make a Real Commitment to Change. Commitment means time and energy. But be SMART: Make your goals: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound.
- Find a Support System. Blogs, memberships, group coaching. Just do it: find yourself a Fundraising Support System
- Get Uncomfortable. Change SHOULD be at least a little uncomfortable. As Jack Canfield, author of Chicken Soup for the Soul says, “All the good stuff is outside our comfort zone.”
Isn’t change the reason we do our important work? To change the world around us?
That’s what I thought.
If you keep doing the same things you’re doing now, nothing will change. Without change, how will you make a greater impact?
Are you ready to make a greater impact and change the world: one word choice at a time?
I’m ready to be your coach for 7 weeks.
On February 6, for 7-weeks, I will teach you the communication secrets that have allowed others like you to raise $300 million, and counting.
I will teach you the very best strategy, tips, and tactics – so YOU are empowered to raise more money than you ever thought possible.
That way you can do it over and over again. Year after year.
I’m in. Are you?