Let’s start with the good news: Philanthropic giving is UP!
From the 2015 Giving USA report released June 16: “Americans Donated an Estimated $358.38 Billion to Charity in 2014; Highest Total in Report’s 60-year History.”
Click here to download your free Giving USA 2015 Highlights or purchase the full report.
Click here to read a thoughtful recap of the giving stats from Ruth McCambridge of the Nonprofit Quarterly.
I’ve got 5 excellent resources for you focused on messaging and storytelling:
1. I consider myself a “wordie” – different from but like a “foodie.” If you are too, you’ll love Claxon University – launched by the awesome Erica Mills.
2. Think nonprofit storytelling & supporter engagement when you read this: The Art of Storytelling in a Digital Age by Jeffbullas.com
3. A bunch of cool people writing cool content: 20
Fundraising Blogs Ever Nonprofit Leader Should be Reading Now Disclaimer, my Fire Starters blog is on the list. And honored to be included!
4. So, you are ready to draft the newsletter but can’t remember any good stories? Read this: Surprising Sources of Stories.
5. Do you have an effective method to help you craft your stories? I do. Check it out.
Truth: I’m burying this note & special offer to see who reads the entire post. 🙂 When you invest in the only Complete Storytelling System today ($97), you’ll get a FREE three-month membership in my Ignited Fundraising Community (IFC) (additional $93 value)! The IFC is a robust online coaching & training resource for hundreds of fundraising professionals.
You gotta use this coupon code though: june17. And it’s only good for 24 hours.
6. And finally, I read or scan this every day. Tons of great stuff! The #storytelling Daily.
So, now, go craft awesome stories to raise millions from all of those charitable people!